Friday, October 2, 2009

I heart the Pioneer Woman.


Since my first trials of "blog" recipes were HER recipes, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Pioneer Woman. She keeps it real, makes me laugh and has some pretty darn good recipes. I will post reviews of my faves some time soon.

I appreciate the photos she posts (though could do without the "how to chop an onion" tutorial in every recipe!) and the helpful tips, as well as the encouragement to throw caution to the wind and eat like calories don't matter. I love how smitten she still is with her "Marlboro Man" and the fact that she home schools her little brood. And I admit that I have a small problem with coveting when it comes to the a-ma-zing ranch that she's "thrown together" with the world's most amazing kitchen.

I digress.

The Pioneer Woman is going on a book tour for her cookbook. Normally, I'm not a person who is impressed by celebrities, elected officials, even Presidents (okay, I've only shaken 2 Presidents' hands, but still)! I think people are people and everyone puts his or her pants on one leg at a time (even if someone helps them do it!). But The Pioneer Woman? I think she's a rock star!

And she's coming to Minneapolis on her cook book tour. I bet she's coming to a town near you, too.

Check out her website for details on the book tour! If you live by me, let's go together so we can embarrass ourselves. And by "we," I mean me. You'll probably be a picture of decorum and coolness. I'll be a dork, but I'm okay with it.

1 comment:

  1. Umm ya ~ I saw her tour route and I totally thought of you and how lucky you are that she's coming to a town near you. Not so much the case for me. I heart PW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!