Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Milkshake


 
The other day, I mentioned why I so love my immersion blender. Proof is in the pudding, or the milkshake. I was making one for my honey, who is sick as a dog. Milkshakes make everything better.

Team Milkshake is as easy as can be: Milk, Good Ice Cream, Vanilla. We're making a good old-fashioned vanilla milkshake.



Start with 3 good scoops of ice cream.


Add 2/3 cup of cold milk of your choosing (skim, 1%, 2%, whole).


Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, but please not imitation!

Now, get out your handy immersion blender and go to town!


It only takes 30 seconds or so, and the clean up is easy.




And the results are worth it; I promise.


Basic Vanilla Milkshake
Serves 1
3 generous scoops of good quality vanilla ice cream
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Scoop ice cream into a large glass. Add milk and vanilla. Using an immersion blender, blend until creamy. Serve immediately.
*If you'd like, add chocolate, frozen or fresh strawberries, caramel, whatever blows your skirt up! The options are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!