image courtesy of cristylI'm not really a gadget person. I'm not incredibly mechanical. But there is one kitchen tool that I just adore.
My Immersion Blender.
image credit: cuisinart.com
It is shiny, sleek, amazingly versatile, compact, and so very useful. I can't even remember life before it came into my world.
Oh wait, I do. I used to make creamy soups and have to ladle them into the blender, fill it too full and then have the blender erupt with hot soup all over the kitchen. SUPER fun to clean up. And I couldn't make delicious milkshakes at the drop of a hat. Or perfect homemade salad dressings because the oil would so quickly separate from the vinegar. I also couldn't make whipped cream without taking out the huge Bosch mixer (which I do love, btw!).
image courtesy of cristyl
Top 5 Reasons I Heart My Immersion Blender
- It makes amazingly quick work of making creamy soups or de-chunking (technical term!) thick sauces, like tomato sauces.
- The milkshakes made by the immersion blender can't be beat.
- Can you say "emulsify!"?? When making a delish homemade vinaigrette, it actually makes an emulsion that holds together very well, thickens, and tastes even better.
- It is great for doing quick mixing of any kind without taking out the big Kitchen Aid (or, in my case, Bosch).
- Whipped Cream in a jiffy!
- Okay, I know I said five, but this part is also fabulous: The Immersion Blender is small, takes up little space and is so easy to clean---the mixer part is dishwasher safe! Hooray!
If you've been a good boy or girl this year, I highly encourage you to ask Santa for an immersion blender. If you've been naughty, ask your mom to buy you one. She always loves you. And I promise, your life will never be the same. Or at the very least, your it will rock your culinary world!