Wednesday, September 2, 2009

But shouldn't you be YOU?




Secretly, deep down, I always wanted to be a mom. I mean, yes, there was that time in 3rd grade that I was convinced I'd be a lawyer-slash-teacher-slash-Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. And I did go to college to become a teacher, which I still hope to do someday. But way deep down, I knew I'd be a mom. I grew up with an amazing stay at home mom who built robots out of cardboard boxes, let me cook in the kitchen, made me write in my journal in the summer and go to the library often. That growing up experience solidified my desire to be a mom.

So back to the title--shouldn't I be "Nicole" and not "Mostly Mom"? I'm not a mom first; I'm a child of God first. A wife second. A mom third. But if I had a dime for every time I heard the word "Mom" I could retire to Fiji with my kids and have a limitless source of wealth. To heck with the NASDAQ and plunging dollar! So, I'm Mostly Mom because, well, I think I hear that word more times in a day than any other word.

And, truth be told, I wouldn't change that for all the money in the world.



(Beautiful photography by Olivia Wagner Photography!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!