Monday, September 21, 2009

Sew Easy!



I've said it before and I'll say it again: I can't sew. But for some reason I had a crazy idea to sew a little dress for Little Miss Pink this summer. It was a burning desire, actually. I had to do it. I found this fantastic blog that offered a tutorial for a dress/skirt that seemed so easy. Easy enough for, say, a completely un-gifted seamstress like myself. And it was!

I finished the project in less than a couple hours and was thrilled with the results. Minus the fact that I made the top a teensy bit too big, which resulted in a few Tara Reid-type indecencies. Luckily, Little Miss Pink is a tiny tot, so such a faux pas is not career ending. Phew. And the loose-fitting top was easily remedied with a white shirt. PLUS, it's big enough that she'll be able to wear it next year, either as a dress OR a skirt!


So, for those of you out there that think you really, really can't sew: there is hope! Try this dress! It would be cute for the fall with a long sleeve onesie underneath, or as a skirt for a bigger girl! Sewing it made me feel like I had a bit of sewing skills! I loved having Little Miss Pink in a dress I had made for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!