Friday, November 13, 2009

Blessed beyond Measure


For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blessed beyond measure.
 That's a way I often explain my circumstances. I don't think that it is a guarantee in this life that you find your soulmate. That you love what you do (laundry notwithstanding!). That you love your parents and have a great relationship with your sibling and his wife. That you get to be a mama to three beautiful healthy babies. That you love your friends and your church and your country.

 Simply experiencing one of those things would be enough for more than a lifetime of gratitude. And yet I have all of them.
Blessed beyond measure.
That's me.



In this season of Thanksgiving, I encourage you to spend a moment daily to put pencil to paper or fingers to keyboard to take stock of what God has blessed you with in your life, whether it be your house, your health, your honey, your haircolor. Taking inventory of all of these "haves" in my life makes it impossible to remember that there are any  "have nots." 

How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.
Psalm 31:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!